I don't want to spend any more minutes in here than necessary.
我不想在这再浪费时间了。
want to do sth. 想做什么,
any more 更,在,大多用在否定句中
例:She doesn't live here any more.
她已不在这里住了.
I don't want to associate myself with them any more.
我不愿再和他们交往了。
That at this stage, every second is critical. 眼下每一秒都至关重要。
短语:
at this stage,眼前,当下
The scheme does not permit of any changes at this stage.
critical;�定性的,关键性的;
We are at a critical time.
我们正处在危急时刻。
Our final hope has failed us.
最后一线希望也破灭了。
fail: 使失望, 舍弃, 失败(在该句中是及物动词)
Our final hope has failed us.
最后一线希望也破灭了。
失望时用语。
A little incentive and I want it in writing. 以防万一,我要书面承诺。
A little incentive 做目的状语,表示为了尽量少的刺激、风险,意译过来就是以防万一。
in writing:书面的
A little incentive and I want it in writing.以防万一,我要书面承诺
常在说话人对某事不确信,为确信其真实性时用到
It serves you right. 这是你应得的。
It serves you right. 这是你应得的; 你活该.
是消极的意义的用语.
用于对罪人, 不善的人或因不听劝告而犯错误
的人得到报应时.
Is this table free, waiter? 这张桌子有人吗
free: 自由的; 免费的; 大方的
You will be free this afternoon.
今天下午你们就没事了。
We got the free tickets for the concert.
我们弄到几张免费音乐会的票。
餐饮店用语
Jane was driving on the highway when all of a sudden her engine quit.
引擎突然失效的时候,简正把车开在高速公路上。
quit = stop working: 失效
all of a sudden = on a (the) sudden:
突然地; 出乎意料地; 冷不防地
The factory blew up all of a sudden this morning.
那个工厂今天上午突然爆炸了.
Psychotics usually laughs and cries all of a sudden.
精神病患通常会突然地又哭又笑.
陈述类似的一个客观事情时用.
标签: study