-->

Lie to me

Everyone tells a lie on occasion. Some lies save relationships, some
ease a hectic situation, and others buy us time. Men lie to women.
Women lie to men. The fib "I had no signal" is said to be one of the
most common lies. You agree? Here we present some of the most popular
and interesting lies.
每个人都说过谎。一个恰当的谎言可能会挽回一段恋情,化解一个尴尬场面,或是为我们赢得宝贵的时间。男人对女人说谎,女人也对男人说谎。据说人们最爱拿"手机没信号"当借口了,你同意吗?今天我们就精心挑选了一些最常见最有趣的谎言跟大家一起分享。

[女人篇]
There are crucial differences in the lies women and men tell. A study
by a psychologist at the University of Virginia found that when women
lie, they tend to focus on making others feel better.
在编造谎言方面,女人与男人存在很大区别。弗吉尼亚大学一位心理学家的研究显示,女人撒谎主要是为了照顾对方的感受。

1.Nothing's wrong. I'm fine.
没事儿,我挺好的。
2.I won't get mad if you say I look fat.
你说我胖我也不会生气。
3.It doesn't bother me when you check out other women.
我不介意你盯着其他女人看。
4.I don't care how much money you have.
我并不在乎你有多少钱。
5.You're right.
你说得对。
6.I love sports.
我喜欢运动。
7.I wouldn't change a thing about you.
我不想改变你任何方面。
8.It's what I've always wanted.(See photo)
这个(礼物)正是我一直想要的。

[男人篇]
Compared with women, at the heart of many men's lies, however, is the
male ego. Men lie to build themselves up or to conceal something, the
study shows.
研究显示,比较而言,男人撒谎的根本出发点源自男性自我的一面:或是为了树立高大形象,或是为了掩饰。

1.I like your friends.
我喜欢你那些朋友。
2.You don't look fat in that dress.
你穿那条裙子不显胖。
3.Yes, I cleaned up already.
是的,我已经打扫过了。
4.She's just my friend. Stop doubting please.
她就是我的一个普通朋友,别瞎想了。
5.I love your cooking.
我爱吃你做的饭。
6.I'm not a jealous guy.
我不是一个好吃醋的人。
7.You look great in anything you wear.
你穿什么都好看。
8.I'll come shopping with you because I like to spend time with you.
我陪你一起逛街吧,我喜欢跟你呆在一起。
9.I only had two drinks.(See photo)
我就喝了两杯而已。

[手机篇]
Phone is building bridges between people, but it is also building ever
stronger walls since some use it to cover themselves.
手机给人与人之间的沟通提供了便利,但它有时也成为一种更坚固的壁垒,因为经常有人用它来为自己掩护。

1.My phone was on silent.
我电话当时设的静音。
2.I wrote your number down incorrectly.
我记错你号码了。
3.I'll call you.
我会给你打电话的。
4.Sorry, I missed your call.
对不起,没接着你电话。
5.I'll phone you back in a minute.
我待会儿给你打回去。
6.I've got a call on the other line.
又有人给我打进电话来了。
7.My battery died.
电池没电了。
8.I didn't get your text.
我没收到你的短信。
9.I had no signal.(See photo)
手机那会儿没信号。

[事业篇]
People around you may give you awful advice. They try to protect you
by shielding you from the possibility of failure, which also shields
you from the possibility of making your dreams a reality.
身边的人给你的热心建议可能并非都是"忠言"。他们试图保护你,使你远离任何失败的风险。殊不知,这样一来,你通往实现梦想的路也被堵死了。

1.You're totally screwed if it doesn't work out.
这事儿要是不成你就完了。
2.That's impossible.
那是不可能的。
3.Only a lucky few "make it."
只有少数的幸运儿才能成功。
4.You need more money saved before you can take the first step.
你需要再多攒些钱才能开始行动。
5.It's safer to stay at your day job.
还是继续做你现在的工作保险点儿。
6.You might fail. And failing is bad.
你可能会失败,后果会很糟糕。
7.You don't have access to the right resources.(See photo)
你没有通往成功所需的有利资源。

[其它]
1.The table will be ready in 5 minutes.
五分钟以后就开饭。
2.Things would have been different if I was there.
我当时要是在场就好了,肯定会是另外一个结果。
3.Yeah, I'll start working on that ASAP.
好的,我尽快去办。
4.If you tell me the truth, you won't get in trouble.
你跟我实话实说,我保你没事儿。
5.I have read and agreed to the Terms of Service.
我已阅读并同意遵守以上服务条款。



Copyright © English Reader | Powered by Blogger